Thursday 14 March 2013

Exsanguination

Drip, drop of blood splattered the floor
Splish, splash here comes some more
It hurts so much but i can't stop
I must go deeper
My heart's pounding, the pace quickens
It's been too long since its been this active 
The pulsing rushes oxygen to my head
Pushing the ever present fog away
My eyes widen, everything looks clearer now
Colours are brighter and each touch more intense
Everything seems so alive, even as the flow increases
I raise my head to the sky and inhale deeply
The intake of breathe is so sweet
I lift my right hand to my face to caress it gently
Exploring and gaining a new perception
Touch my lips and marvel at how soft and supple they are
Amazed that they aren't desired by all
Finally I let my hand fall back to my side 
on the way down it trailed over my body
Feeling the warmth, the heat
Oh the breath-taking passions it could provide
Now I look down at my chest 
Caught up in the rhythm of the slow rise and fall of my bosom 
I look around; at myself and shed a tear
For in this moment I am so filled with the beauty of life

My breathing gets more shallow and my heart beat more rapid

Just then I close my eyes to savour this blissful high
As I lay here, left wrist slit and waiting to die.

1 comment:

  1. Though I sensed what was going on based on the title, the last few lines still caught me.

    ReplyDelete