Tuesday 11 June 2013

Heart's desire

Heart's deepest desire is to be love and be loved
Everyday is spent waiting and hoping for this mercy to take place
Everyday is met with bitter disappointment
No one to be my beloved, my cherished
Alone; feeling so hallow and broken and desperate
Tortured and ruined; bloodied and ragged
An empty shell riddled with weeping sores
A desiccating husk, a vibrant soul it once held
Dreaming of a dream
Praying and hoping for its existence
Yearning for it with every fiber of my being
Desiring with such intensity I bleed
From my soul and from my peace
Let flow the good and pure in me
Caused by clinging to the despairing hope
Waning faith, a flickering ember in the mist
Desperate for reassurance
Or confirmation that I am a fool
Anything concrete to hold on to, not feathers in the wind

Written: 28th April, 2013
By: Jaydon N. Foster

No comments:

Post a Comment