Friday 27 July 2012

I am not Cynical

Pretty rainbows and sugar puffs
Everything's really not full of fuck
Candy canes and sprinkles too
What a nice old wrinkled shrew
Teddy bears and stuffed bunnies 
He is borrowing and not really stealing my moneys 
Cotton candy and cones of honey
Down the drain my blood is running 
Pretty smiles and lively laughs
Are also present when he cuts your head off
Happy faces and bright colors
Of people all stepping over each other
Fathers, mothers, sisters and brothers
All secretly hating one and the other 
I am not cynical I just tell the truth
Of what I see when I look at you


Running through the rain with wind blowing through my braids
Can't stop for breath because he is still on my trail 
Jumping over tree roots and skipping through meadows like a gazelle 
Trying to put more distance between me and my waking hell

Swimming in the canal with the fishes 
Hoping that my flesh they don't take with them
Cool water cascading over me from head to toe
Each breathe is beautifully painful to behold


Written May 25th, 2012
By Jaydon N. Foster

Inspiration : Always having to force myself to have a positive outlook of the world. I was in  连老师 的课, and I have finished writing "Relapse" and I was wondering : If someone read it what would they think of my outlook on life and the world. And i did not want to give them the wrong (bad) impression of me. But I know that sometimes my view are not exactly pretty but on the outside I change them or force myself to see them in a different light and that is when the first 2 lines popped into my head. Of wondering if I truly let out my cynical side and then amplifying it , what would be the product.  

No comments:

Post a Comment